It’s been quite a year at Punk’s, but we must admit, we are pretty excited to see 2012 arrive. We did a lot of things differently in 2011 and we’re feeling pretty good about how things are progressing at Punk’s. As anticipated, there has been a natural evolution of the concept and the restaurant, and that evolution showed itself moreso in 2011 than it had in the two years previous. We have some big plans for 2012 and we’re looking forward to a great year.
So what better way to start 2012 than to take a look back at what was new in 2011? Here are our top five Punk’s memories of 2011.
1. We built a bar! That was fun, huh? After adding draft lines one at a time, we finally took the plunge and added a bar. In addition to increasing to nine draft lines, we added a cocktail list and some new wines by the glass. It’s also given our dear guests a more social atmosphere to enjoy. We think it’s great and if you haven’t seen it, you should definitely check it out.
2. We brewed a beer. With the help of the good folks over at Oliver Ales, we brewed our first collaborative beer, Draft Punk. It’s an American IPA and we couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out. It’s always on tap at Punk’s and you will probably see more collaborations in the coming year. The Draft Punk release party was pretty stellar too, where we tapped our first firkin and had a blast.
3. $3 Burger Day. This one might need to resurface for our three year anniversary. With lines around the block, how could we not have fun? Phew, I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
4. The Year of the Beer Dinner. We hosted three epic beer dinners in conjunction with Dawson’s Liquors and boy were they fun. Six courses, six (or more) beers, and appearances from Chef Dean at each one. The most recent one was a whopping success with 85 people! Again, plan to see more of this in 2012.
5. Weddings! We started catering weddings this year and we were fortunate to fire up the grill for three this past summer. What better way to celebrate your special day than with the grill fired up, all of your friends in the same place, and some pulled pork sliders! We’ve already booked some 2012 weddings and we’re looking forward to working with more lovely brides and grooms in the year to come.
So, there you have it. One last look back at 2011 before we turn the page to 2012. Thanks for all your support this past year and we’re looking forward to seeing you all again in 2012!